Thursday, February 24, 2011

Is That Really What The Client Wants ?

My phone conversation with a perspective client last evening, prompted me to write about our chat. Now this person doesn't know me from a hole in the wall (old slang I heard as a child). Our conversation was intriguing and a reminder of  some important elements...knowledge,communication and compassion in today's business transactions.

Her concerns were genuine about her dealings when her home was listed for sale ....lack of knowledge, communication and overall effectiveness in job performed .She asked me to look at her expired listing on the MLS....what was my opinion of what I thought about the photos previewed for her home? Also how was I going to effectively word her listing ...being unique in its interior features. Basic skills should not be taken for granted..concentrating on client needs...listening closely to their concerns and arriving at a solution. This conversation last evening was a reminder of the importance of basic business skills....knowledge in field of work, communication and compassion. In my opinion...today's economic times have created an environment in which we must not take people or situations for granted.

Check out homes for sale in Staten Island at  www.holly1.listingbook.com . Businesses, people and homes highlighted in S.I.'s North Shore at - http://facebook.com/northshoreholly. Also join me on twitter http://www.twitter.com/hollyolivieri.

There are two kinds of Real Estate professionals.... Those who understand the emotional and financial complexity of selling a home..... And those who don't. Have an extraordinary day!

Posted via email from Holly Wiesner Olivieri , The Staten Island Real Estate Resource

No comments:

Post a Comment